GiftsList.co.uk - Terms & Conditions
- Your Account
You are responsible for keeping your account details secret, including login information. Its is your responsibility to ensure that this remains secret and confidential at all times.
You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
You should inform us immediately if you suspect that someone else has access to your account.
Please make sure that your personal details are correct and complete. You must also inform us immediately of any changes to the information we hold about you. You can access and update much of the information you provided us with in the My Details asection of the site.
GiftsList.co.uk has the right to deny access to users, remove or edit lists, or delete accounts at our discression. You will be notified if your account is deleted and the reasons will be stated.
As the account holder you alone are responsible for your own list. If you do not keep your list up to date, then any items purchased from it are valid. GiftsList.co.uk cannot accept any responsibility for incorrect gifts being given.
As the account holder you alone are responsible for the way you purchase items off other people's lists. Gift duplications occur when proper procedure is not followed. See our Rules to Usage for correct use of the facility.
GiftsList.co.uk does not use any personal information for any reason other than to run the site. No information is used for marketing by external organisations. The types of information stored about you are:
Access to the Site
Whilst we endeavor to keep GiftsList.co.uk availabale at all times, the nature of the internet means that the service cannot be guaranteed 100% available. Access is occassionally suspended or unavailable due to technical errors, or essential maintainance. we will attempt to keep these to low-usage periods.
Licence for website access
GiftsList.co.uk grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of GiftsList.co.uk.
- Personal information - entered when signing up for the service
- Computer information - IP address, browser information etc can be collected by the site, to enhanse the customer experience
- Email information - Communications via email can be stored by the site to help resolve problems, and prevent them in the future
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, style or form) of GiftsList.co.uk and its affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any 'hidden text' utilising GiftsLIst.co.uk's names or trademarks without the express written consent of GiftsList.co.uk.
You are allowed to create hyperlinks to GiftsList.co.uk providing it does not show GiftsList.co.uk in an incorrect, misleading, unfair or abusive way. You may not use any GiftsList logo or other graphic or trademark as part of the link without written consent.
Your use of the site
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You understand that you, and not GiftsList.co.uk, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
All GiftsList.co.uk content, which includes but is not limited to; text, graphics, images, logos, sounds data and software, are the property of GiftsList.co.uk or one of its Affiliates, and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of GiftsList.co.uk and its affiliates and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws.
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to publish, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties.
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
You may not use the content of GiftsList.co.uk without express permission. Specifically you may not use any automated tools to extract code or data for reuse without our consent.
Intellectual Property Rights
GiftsList.co.uk respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our Admin team via the contact page.
When we wish to communicate with you we will do so via email. For contractual purposes, you agree to recieve e-mails from GiftsList.co.uk. These emails may be to advise you on list status, new product features, account status, or general information.
Communications from you to us will also be via email. Any communications we recieve from you will be dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
GiftsList.co.uk - Usage Policy
- As a list owner you are responsible for the maintainance of your own list. If you don't want something to be given to you, then please remove it from your list
- As a list owner you are responsible for the content of your list. Bad Language, or explicit images/links will not be tolerated. Addition of such material to the site may result in your account being suspended.
- When creating your list, and adding items to it, remember that more information is better. Providing links and pictures, as well as detailed description of the product and where to get it will help whoever is wanting to get you it find the correct product.
- Providing a price for your items is a good idea, as it helps users find what they can afford easily.
- As a list viewer you are responsible for following the reserve/purchase procedure
- The reserve/purchase procedure is as follows:
- If you see an item you would like to reserve from someones list, then you MUST reserve it. This now means that no-one else can reserve or even see that item.
- As soon as you purchase an item for someone, you should update the item in the list to the purchased state. This means that the item is removed from the list, and goes into your purchase history.
- If you decide a product is not what you want to get the list owner, then you should unreserve the item immediately, so someone else can reserve it.
- When purchasing items from the list online, please use the links provided when possible. This helps keep the site alive, and often users will provide direct links to the products they want to be bought.
- You cannot purchase or unreserve any items that someone else has reserved
- Although it is possible to reserve more than one item from someones list, reserving too many items at once is not fair on other users, or the list owner. Reserving activity is monitored and will be cracked down on. After a warning your account can be suspended if you mis-treat it in this way.
- Once you have created your list you want to let people know about it. You can use the Publicise Page to tell friends and family about your list. Remember. the more people who know about your list, the more people there are to buy from it, consequently you are more likely to get what you want for your birthday, rather than a naff tie.
- You can view your reservations and purchase history using the My reservations button
- Future enhancements will enable rewards for people who sucessfully refer people to the site. Any referrals made are already being tracked from the site, so you could win a loyalty bonus.